Date: Sat 08 Mar 2014

Bala Win at Windy Bastion Gardens

Lee Hunt of Prestatyn is thwarted by Ashley Morris and Stuart Jones of Bala (

Lee Hunt of Prestatyn is thwarted by Ashley Morris and Stuart Jones of Bala (

With seven long weeks passing since out last league match, Town returned exactly how they left off with 3 points at a windy Bastion Gardens, writes Hannah Gwenllian.

From the outset it was a high tempo start but Town settled early on with their pressure. Four minutes in Bala got their first chance as Mark Connolly´s backheel set up Ian Sheridan but his chance was blocked and went out for a corner.

Mark Jones sent a fierce shot over the bar and Hartland put his effort inches wide for the home outfit with 10 minutes on the clock.

The visitors were looking threatening as they looked for the opener.

Hill-Dunt tipped a Bala freekick over the bar and a minute later a goalmouth scramble was somehow cleared away by the Seasiders defence.

Ryan Valentine broke the deadlock as his wicked cross bounced infront of Jon Hill-Dunt and looped over him into the net.

The home side equalised on 29 minutes as Chris Davies´ cross was left to run by Hunt into the path of Gareth Wilson who curled the ball into the net from the edge of the area.

Mark Jones had his powerful shot blocked as the home side came more into the remainder of the half after the equaliser.

Just before the interval Mark Connolly´s freekick was pushed wide thanks to a superb Dunt save.

With the wind now behind the home outfit it was a pretty uneventful second half up to the hour mark.

A great break down the right wing by Smith was cleared by Davies and Ian Sheridan put his shot over the bar and Lee Hunt´s shot deflected wide for the home outfit.

Brown´s 20 yard shot was saved comfortably for Bala, Stones put his effort on the roof of the net for Prestatyn before Dunt pulled off a point blank save by Connolly´s effort after a Valentine cross.

Lunt came on to replace Thornton and Town seemed to get a hold back on the game.

The Lakesiders were awarded a penalty on 69 minutes when it seemed that Smith was pulled down in the box. Sheridan stepped up and slotted to give Bala back the lead.

Down the other end Ashley Morris pulled off a cracking save and Stones then headed narrowly over.

Bala´s tails were up and they were breaking quickly with Lunt and Jones running the midfield and releasing Connolly, Sheridan and Smith who had a fantastic game.

Mark Jones´ thunderbolt of a volley with the outside of his boot went inches wide and then Smith fired over as the ref blowed for fulltime.

A great start to the second phase of the season and still sees us unbeaten in 2014. A good shift put in by the lads and a great result to lift us to 8th in the table.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala