Date: Thu 28 Nov 2013

Super Saints make it Six in a Row

Sam Finley scored for the Saints

Sam Finley scored for the Saints

The New Saints comfortably beat Port Talbot three one thanks to goals from Mike Wilde, Kai Edwards and Sam Finley.

Wilde opened the scoring midway through the first half but within minutes, David Brooks equalised from the penalty spot. Edwards gave his side the lead before the hour mark and Finley added a third just after it to clinch the points.

TNS started brightly and after only five minutes Finley hit a looping effort against the bar from the edge of the box.

Soon after Chris Marriott missed the target from close range after being superbly picked out by Chris Jones. The left back found himself in the box but his right footed effort went well wide of the goal.

Wilde then took advantage from a bad Leigh De Vulgt mistake to give his side the lead. The former Chester City forward composed himself and made no mistake as he passed the ball past Steven Hall to open the scoring on 22 minutes.

Minutes later Port Talbot were level. Alex Darlington gave away a penalty after fouling Brooks and the Port Talbot winger picked himself up and converted the spot kick to level the match.

Darlington then missed a chance to put his side back in front but managed to fire over from close range, to ensure that the teams went into the half time break level.

The second half started with bad news for Craig Harrison after Phil Baker went down with an injury. The consistent defender was replaced by Connell Rawlinson, who himself had just returned from the treatment room.

However, within five minutes, there was some good news for Harrison. Wilde wonderfully headed a Chris Seargeant corner into Edwards' path and the former Neath defender smashed the ball in from inside the six yard box to restore the lead for his team.

Click for video from Sgorio

Minutes later it was three. Finley picked up the ball on the edge of the box and drove an unstoppable shot into the bottom corner. The energetic midfielder found space and his right footed thunderbolt was too much for Hall to handle.

Wilde nearly made it four but Hall stopped his volley from close range after some good work down the right from the impressive Finley.

With The Saints in complete control, both Wilde and Jones once again tested the Port Talbot goalkeeper as the Welsh Premier League Champions looked to add more goals.

No more goals came but the result means that the Oswestry based side have now win six league games in a row.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala