Date: Sun 13 Oct 2013

Wingmakers come from behind to beat Aber

Aberystwyth Town suffered a second defeat in a row this afternoon, losing 4-1 to a strong looking Airbus side whose second half showing swept the Black and Greens away.

Mike Roddy was on the score sheet for Airbus

Mike Roddy was on the score sheet for Airbus

Town started very well and Stuart Fraser hit the post after Wyn Thomas had headed Antonio Corbisiero's free kick back into the danger area. At the other end Mike Lewis punched the impressive left back Lewis Short's low shot to safety, but then Geoff Kellaway crossed for the visitors and Fraser's close range shot was deflected wide. Corbisiero's corner bounced off the crossbar, and Fraser once again went close, and then on the quarter hour Fraser played Kellaway in on the halfway line, and he sprinted clear before finishing confidently past James Coates. Airbus survived another goalmouth scramble in which Peter Hoy was denied, but then with ten minutes remaining Chris Budrys headed home a left wing cross to equalise. Kellaway was then carried off with a nasty injury to his left ankle, and Town went in disappointed to be level.

The second half was a very different affair as the relentless Wingmakers, playing against the wind, totally dominated affairs. Six minutes in Ryan Wade won a free kick down the right, and Ian Kearney headed home the lofted ball for 2-1. Half way through the half Short ran to the byline and crossed for Budrys to set up Steve Jones for a simple tap in. Wade then beat the offside trap and shot just wide, before Michael Roddy did the same and scored the fourth on 76 minutes. The shellshocked Seasiders almost responded when Mark Jones's close range shot was parried clear, but in truth the game's outcome was long decided.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala