Date: Sat 07 Sep 2013

Miley helps Bangor to Win at the Lido

Anthony Miley scored the first and helped win the penalty

Anthony Miley scored the first and helped win the penalty

Bangor bounced back from their midweek Word Cup defeat with a fine 3-0 win at Afan Lido thanks to three second half goals.

And it was a day to remember for teenage defender Iolo Hughes who made his Welsh Premier debut in place of Chris Roberts, but alongside captain Michael Johnston who was fit to resume at the back.

Lido went close early when Casey Thomas forced a fingertip save from Lee Idzi in the Bangor goal. Minutes later Idzi collected a corner when Kristian James shot was deflected behind.

Bangor responded with a passing move which saw Jamie McDaid hit the target from twelve yards but Rory McCreesh saved. For City the reshaped defence stood firm with Iolo Hughes impressing at left-back, whilst the midfield was well served by the industrious pair Rob Jones and Ryan Edwards.

Lido won a freekick thirty yards out but Luke Borrelli couldn't find the target with his effort. So, there was nothing to seperate the sides at the interval - after an evenly contested fourty five minutes.

Bangor went close almost from the kick off as young McDaid crossed, but Les Davies couldn't steer his header home.

Then Kristian James unleashed Rameer Outlaw who ran clear but his shot was parried by Lee Idzi, great goalkeeping by the Bangor glovesman.

But on 63 minutes Bangor took the lead when a corner is headed home by centreback Anthony Miley to the delight of the blues contingent who have made that long journey south. Lido responded by sending on Alex Gammond for midfielder Gareth Phillips.

Both sides rang the changes as James made way for Jordan Smith and McDaid was replaced by John Owen. Then, two minutes later Rameer Outlaw handled a goalbound Miley header in the Lido box and he was shown the red card and Bangor were awarded a penalty.

Up stepped Les Davies and seconds later it was 2-0. Lido seemed to have had the stuffing knocked out of them and Sion Edwards went close to a third before he was replaced by Joe Culshaw.

In the dying seconds Rob Jones netted from inside the six yard box to make it three nil and confirm a hard fought away win for Bangor and a second clean sheet of the season.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala