Date: Sat 07 Sep 2013

Edwards at the Double for the Nomads

Ryan Edwards scores his second for the Nomads (Photo: Nik Mesney)

Ryan Edwards scores his second for the Nomads (Photo: Nik Mesney)

The Nomads sealed a 2-1 victory this afternoon at Bastion Gardens, which was the second game in a week that they have ran out victorious over Prestatyn, after a win in theWord cup earlier in the week.

In front of live S4C Sgorio cameras, The Nomads kicked off looking ready and enthusiastic for the game, however it was Prestatyn who had many of the early chances. The likes of Andy Parkinson threatened in The Nomads' half but was often caught offside.

The Nomads had a striking force of interest with the pacy Simon Everall linking up with the more physical Ricky Evans. The Nomads were not to sit back against the seasiders as the team pushed up to win a corner, but Prestatyn's defence dealt well with the threat. The Nomads knew to get something from the game they would have to fight for it, which resulted in the ref showing a yellow to both Craig Jones and Ricky Evans.

It was an error that opened up the game with around 20 minutes gone when Prestatyn 'keeper Roberts' poorly executed kick went to the feet of Ryan Edwards, who got the ball, looked up and sent it sailing into the net.

In a game that was full of attacks Neil Gibson's Prestatyn fought back and found the equaliser on 30 minutes when Andy Parkinson converted it after a great ball from Prestatyn's marquee summer signing Lee Hunt.

The Nomads' "you score one we'll score another" attitude shone after this goal when Ryan Edwards found the ball in Prestatyn's half and ran onto the 'keeper, who made a desperate challenge against Edwards bringing him to the ground. By that time however the ball was already in the net for The Nomads after Edwards had calmly slotted it in. Shortly after the half time whistle was a relief for both sides who would look to reorganise after a fast flowing half of football with some great play.

The rain came down over Prestatyn as the second half kicked off, but who would be going home feeling miserable was all still to play for. The Nomads attacked but struggled with Simon Everall having difficulties with a knock to his knee, whilst Ricky Evans opened up the box with some great movement but shot way over.

In a half that saw The Nomads show a lot of grit, Prestatyn attacked and attacked, even scoring a goal via a header at one point, however the assistant's flag was once again raised for the seasiders would-be equaliser. Prestatyn favourite Parkinson threaded often but The Nomads defence remained solid throughout.

Nomads substitutions of Everall off for Michael Hayes, and Ricky Evans leaving the field for Danny Dobbins were made, in an effort for some fresh legs to get The Nomads over the 90 minute mark and collect three points.

As the game went on the tension started to build as The Nomads seeked a win here at a ground that many would have presumed a win for the home side. It was a heart in mouth moment for many of the travelling Nomads support when a deflected ball went off Mark Mcgregor and narrowly wide of the post.

The score line remained 2-1 as the fourth official displayed four minutes of added time for which The Nomads were to hold on for a tense few minutes. The referee signalled the end of play which sealed a great win for the Nomads.

A game where pure grit and determination from the resilient Nomads brought them a fantastic three points against the strong Welsh Cup holders Prestatyn Town FC. Nomads youth once again shone as Ryan Edwards netted 2 goals for Nomads and three in one week.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala