Date: Fri 08 Mar 2013

Sunday,Saturday and Friday Results

Canlyniadau'r Penwythnos



Bala consolidated their position in 7th place with a deserved victory against Llanelli at Maes Tegid on Sunday.
Stuart Jones opened the scoring after 9 minutes of the first half and Lee Hunt doubled their advantage 9 minutes into the second period - his 14th League goal of the season.
Mark Jones made it 3-0 after 65 minutes and substitute Mark Connolly wrapped things up with 8 minutes left of of play.
This result - coupled with Newtown and Aberystwyth's victories yeasterday leave Llanelli in the relegation zone.



A goal from Matty Cook on the stroke of half time gave Newtown the victory at Latham Park on Saturday afternoon and brought an end to the Nomads' seven match unbeaten run in the Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League.
Having lost twice against Gap this season - Newtown prepared well for this game by beating Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant 6-0 in midweek and
Cook's precious strike takes Bernie McNally's boys out of the relegation zone.


Aberystwyth led four times to drag themselves out of the relegation zone at Park Avenue on Saturday in a seven goal thriller in front of the S4/C cameras.
A 3rd minute piledriver by Wyn Thomas put Aber in the driving seat in this bottom two clash at Park Avenue but just before the half hour mark an equally impressive Luke Borrelli strike from 20 yards drew the bottom club level.
After 39 minutes Antonio Corbisiero scored his first ever goal for Aberystwyth straight from a corner but the Seasiders' lead lasted less than a minute as Simon Prangley beat Mike Lewis in the Aber goal to set up an intersesting second period. Prangley's effort was his first goal for Lido since his January transfer from Taffs Well.
Former Lido captain Mark Jones made his mark on the game just before the hour mark as he claimed his 15th league goal of the season - his 7th for Aber since leaving Lido in the January transfer window but Anthony Rawlings drew the visitors level for a 3rd time in the 69th minute.
Wyn Thomas' side footed strike from 6 yards 3 minutes later put Aber ahead for the 4th time of the afternoon and that proved to be the decisive score.

Cafwyd diwrnod cyffrous tua'r gwaelodion yn Uwch Gynghrair Cymru - Corbett Sports ddydd Sadwrn wrth i'r Drenewydd ac yna Aberystwyth symud allan o safleoedd y gwymp yn dilyn buddugoliaethau yn erbyn Gap Cei Connah a Lido Afan.
Roedd ergyd Matty Cook ar ddiwedd y cyfnod cyntaf yn ddigon i hawlio'r triphwynt i'r Drenewydd tra bu'n rhaid i Aberystwyth fynd ar y blaen bedair gwaith er mwyn trechu Lido Afan yn y pendraw.



Mike Wilde once again grabbed two goals and the headlines as TNS took another step towards regaining their Corbett Sports WPL crown.
Wilde pounced on a Jon Hill-Dunt mistake to set the Saints on their way in the second minute before making the most of good Chris Jones play to double his personal tally on the evening before the break.

Wilde had a great opportunity to secure his hat-trick from the spot in the early stages of the second half but penalty expert Hill-Dunt foiled his attemt to bag his 16th WPL goal of the season.

Wilde also hit the post before Matty Williams met a classy cross from Simon Spender after 69 minutes to make it 3-0.


Six days after Bangor knocked Airbus out of the Welsh Cup at The Book People Stadium - the Citizens leap-frogged the Wingmakers into second place in the Corbett Sports WPL following a late show at The Book People Stadium.

It was goal-less until the closing stages when Tom Field was sent off for Airbus for serious foul play which proved to be very costly for the visitors thanks to the contribution of two of the Bangor substitutes. With 3 minutes left of play Gary O'Toole scored with his first touch as he headed Chris Roberts' cross into the net.

A second substitue Robbie Booth secured the victory after 90 minutes as he curled a wonderful goal from 25 metres into the top corner - leaving the Nantporth fans overjoyed at the fact that they now have a 2 point advantage in second place over Airbus although they have played a game more than the Broughton outfit.


Port Talbot climbed into 4th place in the Corbett Sports WPL thanks to Martin Rose's 12th league goal of the season.
The striker took full advantage of a Steve Cann slip after 36 minutes of play - and that was enough to gain the 3 points on a wet and windy evening at the GenQuip Stadium.

Buddugoliaethau pwysig i'r Seintiau, Bangor a Phort Talbot nos Wener.
Mae'r Seintiau Newydd bellach 11 pwynt ar y blaen i Fangor ar frig UGC Corbett Sports wedi i glwb Nantporth gamu uwchben bechgyn Brychdyn i'r ail safle. Yn dilyn eu buddugoliaeth yn erbyn Caerfyrddin mae Port Talbot bellach yn y pedwerydd safle.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala