Date: Tue 01 Jan 2013

New Year's Day Results

Wins for Prestatyn, Connah's Quay and Newtown


The Nomads secured Deeside bragging rights over the Festive Period with an impressive victory on Tuesday. Following a draw at the Hollingsworth Airfield on Boxing Day, Mark McGregor's men secured three valuable points at the Deeside Stadium.

Two first half penalties from Ricky Evans put the home side in the driving seat at the break but a minute after the restart Sam Hart responded for the visitors.

However 6 minutes later Jamie Wynne netted a third goal for Connah's Quay which restored their two goal advantage and Jamie Petrie wrapped things up for the home side on 86 minutes.


Newtown kept their hopes of reaching the top six very much alive at Latham Park while Aberystwyth remain in the bottom two following their below par performance in the Mid Wales Derby.

Newly signed Mark Jones started his first game for Aber - but it was the home team's striker that shone in the opening period. After 14 minutes Andy Jones continued his rich goalscoring streak as he netted from the edge of the Aberystwyth penalty area - shooting smartly past Mike Lewis.

Newtown fully deserved to double their advantage on 57 minutes when Luke Boundford reacted quickly to a loose ball in the Aber area.

Mark Jones did give his new club some hope with nine minutes left as he slotted home from the edge of the area - but Newtown secured the victory with virtually the last kick of the game when Gareth Partridge netted from 15 yards.


Following their dramatic comeback to steal a point at the Book People Stadium on Friday - Prestatyn further dented Bangor's Championship aspirations with a convincing victory at Bastion Gardens on Tuesday.

The Citizens went ahead after 29 minutes through an excellent Les Davies volley from Sion Edwards' cross, but Andy Parkinson responded for Prestatyn 10 minutes later. It was a rare mistake from Bangor defender Michael Johnston that allowed the hosts in, as header back to 'keeper Lee Idzi was short and the League's joint-leading scorer got passed Idzi to strike into an empty net.

The second-half all belonged to the visitors as Michael Parker put the home side ahead eight minutes after the break. His initial shot from a clever Neil Gibson pass was saved by Idzi, but the ex-Bangor man made no mistake with his rebound to score.

Jason Price doubled their advantage after 64 minutes following a long Lee Kendall clearance. Parkinson latched onto the goalkick, but his volley hit the bar, only to fall at Price's feet for the easiest of chances.

Ross Stephens rubbed salt into Bangor's wounds four minutes later and secured a victory from a perfectly struck free-kick, which sees Prestatyn leapfrog Bangor into second position of the Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala