Date: Sat 17 Nov 2012

Jordan inspires Seasiders in Steelmen Win

Port Talbot Town 2-4 Aberystwyth Town

Jordan Follows scored the winning goals for Aber

Jordan Follows scored the winning goals for Aber

Jordan Follows scored twice as Aberystwyth scored four second-half goals to beat Port Talbot who twice led at the GenQuip Stadium.

David Brooks scored the opener in the seventh minute for the Steelmen after Mike Lewis didn't hold on to a Danny Thomas shot, but the Aber 'keeper redeemed himself with two excellent saves before the interval.

Almost straight after half-time Matty Collins restored parity after Cledan Davies' shot ended at his feet and he drilled the ball into the far corner, but the hosts responded again. Dave Brooks ghosted passed two defenders and crossed perfectly for Jeff White to head home for 2-1.

Tomi Morgan's side responded again though with veteran Glyndwr Hughes heading in unopposed from a perfect Collins delivery. As the Port Talbot defence tired, Jordan Follows became more prominent and the ex-Llanelli man took his first goal excellently, with a confident run and sublime finish and in injury time, he was deadly again in front of goal to seal a fine away win.

Llanelli AFC 0-6 TNS

Bob Jeffrey's first match in charge of Llanelli ended in sorrow as his Llanelli side were convincingly beaten at Stebonheath Park. Chris Jones and Alex Darlington got the Saints off to a flyer inside eleven minutes, with the latter scoring his brace five minutes before the interval. After the break Mike Wilde scored twice and Jones also claimed his second, with Jason Bowen seeing red for two cautions to rub salt into Llanelli's wounds.

Carmarthen Town 2-2 Prestatyn Town

Liam McCreesh conceded a soft last minute penalty to hand Prestatyn a point in a Charity afternoon at Richmond Park. Playing in pink shirts, the hosts lost veteran Julian Alsop after just four minutes as the forward was sent-off for a poor challenge. Despite this, they took the lead with top-scorer Liam Thomas scoring from the penalty spot. Town were on level terms though when Ross Stephens scored on 22 minutes.

After the break, Thomas scored his second penalty after Jason Price handled with twenty minutes to play, but at the death McCreesh was clumsy in the box and Mike Parker made him pay with the successful equalising penalty.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala