Date: Sat 03 Nov 2012

Prestatyn back on Top as Gibbo leads by Example

Prestatyn Town 3-1 Llanelli AFC

Neil Gibson on the run

Neil Gibson on the run

Prestatyn have returned to the top of the Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League with a good win at Bastion Road against a depleted Llanelli.

Without four players through suspension including himself, Andy Legg's team, fell behind to a sixth minute Gareth Wilson effort. But after the hosts had hit the woodwork twice, Geoff Kellaway struck for the Reds to restore parity. An Andy Parkinson header four minutes after the interval put the hosts ahead once again and player/manager Neil Gibson sealed the win thirteen minutes from time with a left-footed effort.

Carmarthen Town 2-1 Airbus UK Broughton

Mark Aizlewood's Carmarthen looked to have turned a corner with this win against the high-flying Wingmakers. After a goalless first-half, Liam Thomas scored for the Old Gold with 71 minutes played, only for Steve Abbott to equalise with his 8th of the season for the Wingmakers just four minutes later. A further four minutes after that though, Thomas scored what proved to be the winner.

Bala Town 3-2 Aberystwyth Town - Live on S4/C now

In Saturday's live game at Bala, Aberystwyth enjoyed a half-time lead on a heavy Maes Tegid surface, but it was Bala who won the five-goal thriller.

The hosts had an early chance but Kenny Lunt failed to capitalise and at the other end, Cledan Davies hit the post down the left.

The deadlock was broken when Matty Collins scored a 35th minute goal for the visitors. The goalscoring midfielder struck from 25 yards across the slippery surface and Bala 'keeper Ashley Morris failed to gather, allowing the ball to slip out of his hands and into the net.

After the break there were two goals in as many minutes as firstly Aber extended their lead, before Ian Sheridan reduced the deficit. Aber's goal was excellent with Collins whipping a cross in from the right and Declan Carroll volleying in at the near post from eight yards out. The Bala goal came from a corner as Ian Sheridan turned and shot on the line after a good Stuart Jones header for the hosts.

Parity was restored when Lee Hunt rounded Mike Lewis in the Aber goal after a good through-ball from Lunt. With ten minutes to go Jordan Follows looked as though he would score Aber's third but his shot agonisingly hit the wrong side of the post with Morris beaten and that proved critical as minutes later, Sheridan fed Lunt at the far-post and the midfielder passed the ball across the six-yard box for Hunt to score his second and the winner.

Port Talbot Town 6-1 Gap Connah’s Quay

The Steelmen cruised to victory at the GenQuip Stadium in what was their best win of the season. Striker Jeff White scored twice in the first-half but Rhys Healey pulled one back for the Nomads against the run of play. Two goals in quick succession extended the host's advantage with Cortez Belle scoring from the penalty spot before a Dylan Blain header made it 4-1.

Adam Wright, a second half sub for the injured Jake Parry, grabbed a deserved goal with seven minutes to play after Josh Pike and Danny Thomas had combined well down the left and the same man got the sixth in injury time, meaning the Nomads have conceded twelve in their last two games.

The New Saints FC 2-1 Afan Lido FC

Chris Hartland gave the Lido a shock lead at Park Hall on 36 minutes, before Greg Draper equalised just before the break. The League's bottom club looked close to sealing an unlikely point, before Chris Seargeant gave the Champions the lead on 84 minutes, which proved to be the winner.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala