Date: Sat 27 Oct 2012

Ten-man Town share the points at Newtown

Luke Boundford scored for Newtown

Luke Boundford scored for Newtown

The Lakesiders travelled to Latham Park and continued their unbeaten run.

Before the match began both teams lined up wearing tops and holding cards to show their support for the Fortnight of Action of Showing Racism the Red Card.

Newtown began strongly - exactly like they had in the opening match of the season at Maes Tegid with Edmunds having an early shot blocked by Stuart Jones. Down the other end of the pitch a minute later Lewis Codling fired his shot just wide of the right post.

Good play between Lee Hunt and Mark Jones released Sheridan through on goal but he narrowly failed to connect with the ball. On 12 minutes Hunt fired a fierce shot against the side netting from 10 yards after great work down the left by Kenny Lunt.

Elliot Jones pounced on a Tony Davies mistake on 21 minutes but sent his shot well wide from 20 yards. Mark Jones and Mark Connolly both then sent shots over the bar and out of the ground!

On the half hour mark Codling and Connolly went close but it was Newtown who opened the scoring on 35 minutes as a weak clearance by Stuart Jones was pounced on by Boundford which hit the post and went into the net.

The rest of the half remained very end to end but the Lakesiders were very unlucky to be trailing at the break.

The visitors came out much stronger second half and took the game to Newtown. The early pressure paid off as a Ben Collins freekick from the halfway line landed to Stephen Brown who´s shot from 20 yards flew into the bottom corner of the net to bring it to 1-1. Bala´s tails were now up with Codling going close again.

Town were playing quite impressively with Brown, Lunt and Sheridan linking well on the wings and creating chances but unable to get the much needed second goal.

Blenkinsop and Boundford both had chances to make it 2-1 to the home side but Morris in goal saved well. The away side found themselves down to 10 men when Brown and a Newtown plaer went in for a 50-50 and saw Brown shown a red card.

Blenkinsop then probably Newtown´s best chance to make it 2-1 with 10 to go as he went clean through on goal but scooped it onto the roof of the net to make Hunt´s miss v Connah´s Quay the week before not look half as bad!

Ryan Jones replaced Lewis Codling and was straight away in the action as his cross was cleared by Roberts. Bala were finishing the game strongly and Hunt headed a Lunt´s cross over the bar after brilliant work by Ryan Jones.

The match finished 1-1 - considering Town were down to 10 men for the last 20 minutes a draw was probably a fair result.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala