Date: Fri 14 Apr 2017

Friday Round Up | Goals galore on Good Friday in The Dafabet WPL

25 goals in six games today, read on to find out how your side got on!

Aberystwyth Town 4-0 Rhyl FC
Park Avenue
Aberystwyth Town Scorers: Luke Borrelli 26', 65', Jon Owen 64', 83'

Aberystwyth Town secured their Dafabet WPL status for the 2017/18 season in some style on Good Friday evening as they put four goals past Niall McGuinness' Rhyl, sending The Lilywhites into relegation.

A lapse in concentration after 26 minutes gave the home side the lead on a biblically wet night at Park Avenue as Luke Borrelli notched the first of his two goals when tucking away a short corner midway through the first half.

Second half substitute Jon Owen had half an hour to make an impact and boy did he do that as he scored within five minutes of coming onto the pitch, with Borrelli then netting again some sixty seconds later to make it 3-0 and leaving Rhyl staring relegation in the face.

Aber have been known to concede a goal or two at times this season, and Rhyl could well have got one back, but Aber scored again late in the game through Owen to make it 4-0 and that's the way the game finished as The Seasiders stormed past Rhyl to secure WPL status for another season.

Cefn Druids 3-2 Llandudno FC
The Rock
Cefn Druids Scorer: Mike Pritchard 11', 28', Ashley Ruane 83'
Llandudno Scorer: Lee Thomas 15', Marc Williams 90'

A really competitive fixture at The Rock was livened up by a section of the crowd on their annual pilgrimage to watch Huw Griffiths' side who were constantly chanting and offering support to the home side.

Ashley Ruane and Mike Pritchard were in great form for the home side, as they combined twice to see the latter score twice and sandwich a Lee Thomas goal for the visitors and take a 2-1 lead into halftime.

The home side were very much up for this match and came out flying in the second half again, not necessarily creating the chances but banging on the door as Stuart Cook and Naim Arsan had a great time going down the left flank.

It didn't look like another goal would come, but Ruane had other ideas as Mike Jones made a great save at one end before the home side broke and the ball fell to Ruane on the right wing who lobbed Dave Roberts spectacularly from a tight angle some 30 yards out, an unbelievable finish. Marc Williams pulled one back for Llandudno on the stroke of added time being announced to set up a nervy finish, but Druids saw out the win to secure survival.

Bangor City 3-0 The New Saints
The Bangor University Stadium
Bangor City Scorer: Henry Jones 49', Daniel Nardiello 74', Gary Taylor-Fletcher 90'

The first half at Bangor had everything but a goal, as The Citizens regularly threatened the TNS backline and forced some strong saves out of Paul Harrison, and the visitors had a couple of chances of their own, before centre-back Mihai Leca was sent off on the stroke of the interval for pulling down Daniel Nardiello when he was through on goal.

After banging on the door alongside Nardiello throughout the first half, Henry Jones struck early-on in the second half to give the home side a 1-0 lead. Nardiello got the goal his performance deserved with just over quarter of an hour left to play too, as he turned and shot some six yards out to double the home side's lead, before Gary Taylor-Fletcher added a third right at the death secure a big three points.

Gap Connah's Quay 2-0 Bala Town
The Deeside Stadium
Gap Connah's Quay Scorer: George Horan 24', Stuart Jones OG 81'

A bright start to this battle for second place by The Nomads was rewarded midway through the first half as George Hora rose highest after 24 minutes to head home the opening goal and give Andy Morrison's men a lead.

Bala came out battling in the second half and looked like they were going to get back on level terms, and it was a Lakesider who scored next, but by putting the ball into his own net unfortunately as Stuart Jones doubled Connah's Quay's lead and that secured European football for both sides in the summer.

Carmarthen AFC 0-4 Cardiff Metropolitan
Richmond Park
Cardiff MET Scorers: Kyle McCarthy 9', Will Evans 26', Rhys Thomas 56', Eliot Evans 65'

After a lot of hard luck and things not going their way so far in Phase Two, The Students seemed to have their swagger back in the first half of this fixture.

Kyle McCarthy put the visitors ahead at Richmond Park from the spot after nine minutes, before turning provider before the half-hour mark for Will Evans to lash a great volley into the back of the net.

Rhys Thomas got on the scoresheet in the second half for the visitors and MET's first win of Phase Two looked all but sealed, before Eliot Evans added another ten minutes later to make it 4-0 and seal the win.

Airbus UK Broughton 0-7 Newtown AFC
The Hollingsworth Group Stadium
Newtown Scorers: Alex Fletcher 5', Kieran Mills-Evans 20', Jason Oswell 28', 41', 67', Shane Sutton 38', Ross Stephens 45+2'

The Robins put on an absolute clinic at The Airfield this afternoon to make sure it was a very good Friday indeed for Chris Hughes' men.

Alex Fletcher had the visitors ahead after just five minutes, before Kieran Mills-Evans doubled the lead after 20 minutes. Four more goals would come before halftime from Jason Oswell (twice), Shane Sutton and Ross Stephens, before Oswell rounded off his hat-trick and the 7-0 rout in the second half.

Don't worry, we hate spam as much as you do. We will only send you the latest updates and anything we think you will enjoy reading about.

Hit enter to send your tweet

Go to Youtube Channel
Cefn Druids 3-1 Bala